This includes compliance with certain restrictions such as: For example, not having sexual relations, cutting hair and nails, and not wearing certain clothes.
If you plan to wear an ihram on an airplane, keep some considerations in mind.
- Familiarize yourself with the Miqat crossing time. Mikat marks the beginning of the Ihram nation. For flights to Mecca, Jeddah serves as Miqat city, and for flights to Medina, Dhul Hulayfah serves as the Miqat for the city.
- One must wear loose clothing that not only covers the body but is also comfortable. Any type of leather, silk, and fur clothing is not permissible to wear as Ihram.
- It is vital to keep a few more clothes in case you intend to change them during driving.
- But besides all this, it is important to note that one must care for his fellow travelers and be considerate towards them. If you follow these guidelines, you should be able to seamlessly wear the ihram on the plane.
Here are some additional guidelines for wearing ihram on airplanes:
- If you are traveling in a group, make sure to sync your travel plans to enter ihram at the same time. This promotes mutual support and minimizes confusion.
- In case you are not traveling with a group it is better to inform the flight attendant about your intention of entering the state of ihram.
- Practice patience and understanding. Traveling can be stressful, so it’s important to be patient with yourself and others.
- Maintain a calm and respectful demeanor when difficulties arise.
Wearing an ihram on an airplane is a tough but rewarding experience nonetheless. By following these tips, you can make your trip even more comfortable and enjoyable.
Got a question? Feel free to ask mufti and get quick answers.