One of the best Islamic Question and Answers forums to help Muslims answer their questions related to Islam around the world in their own language.

What is rabi ul awa...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] What is rabi ul awal and what to do on 12 rabi ul awal?

1 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter

There is so much hype on celebrating 12 rabi ul awwal, infact this whole month is seen as a festive month. Please let me know the details with atuthenticity if 12 rabi ul awwal is actually the real birthdate of prophet or not. JazakAllah.

1 Answer

Assalam o Alikum Sitwat,

Rabi ul awwal is an Islamic month which means the first month or beginning of spring", which is considered a "Happy Time."

During this month, most Muslims celebrate the birth of Prophet Muhammad PBUH on the 12th Rabi Ul Awal; while other schools of thought do not consider this date to be the accurate birth date of the prophet, the debate is still going on about this topic.

Some scholars consider that Prophet Muhammad PBUH was born on the 12th of Rabi ul Awwal, while others believe the date to be when Prophet Muhammad PBUH passed away.

Now, answering your question about what you can do on this day are the following things;

• Recite Quran
  • Send blessings upon Prophet Muhammad PBUH
  • Do charity
  • Feed the poor
  • Avoid spending on unIslamic things (such as putting up prominent speakers to celebrate his birthday); doing such things are not permissible in Islam.

I hope I have answered your question. Allah knows the best.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Staff Desk
Share: