Marriage is a bond, which is one of the most sacred bonds in Islam. This article shares the facts that are not true but most Muslims believe them!
Table of Contents
1. Islam allows forced marriages
In the Holy Quran, it is stated;
This applies similarly to men Forcing anyone guy or a girl is strictly prohibited in Islam!
2. Husband needs permission of First Wife to marry again
In the third verse of Surah An-Nisa, it is stated;
So, the permission of the first wife isn’t the prerequisite, although there are some other conditions that need to be fulfilled.
3. The way to divorce is saying it 3 times!
It is instructed in the verse of Surah At-Talaq in Qu’ran;
4. After the divorce, the couple can never marry each other
This isn’t true at all. in the case of Talaq e Ahsan, after divorce, the couple can remarry without the Wife doing the Halala (which is haraam). Furthermore, in the case of Talaq e Hassan and Lian, the girl should marry someone else and after getting divorced from that person, then they can remarry
5. Husbands are allowed to beat their wives
This is one of the biggest misconceptions about Islam, beating anyone, their wife, children, parents, or anyone else is not allowed in Islam. In Suran An-Nisa it is stated;
On the other part, it is stated;
6. The wife should live with In-Laws and take care of them
It is your wife’s right to have a separate house for her and you live with her. This is not allowed to have her with in-laws!
Quran states in Surah An-Nisa;
7. Mahr is only payable at the time of Divorce
Mahr should be paid after marriage, as well as the wife can refuse the sexual relationship if it is not paid.
8. Wife can not divorce the husband
In the Surah Al-baqarah,