Taraweeh prayers have cut short into 10 Rakats in the two holy mosques, Masjid al Haram and Masjid an Nabawi with only 5 Taslims.
This is to be noted that there are no worshippers will be allowed, as the praying has been banned in Masjid al Haram and Masjid an Nabawi. During the 10 rakats of Taraweeh during Ramadan, no worshipper will be allowed to attend it. Also, the General Presidency of the affairs of the two holy mosques also urged the people to pray Eid prayers as well as Taraweeh at home during Ramadan.
The major decision have been made included;
- Taraweeh rakaats will be held wiht in closed doors in both Masjid al Haram and Masjid an Nabawi.
- Iftar service has also been cancelled in both Masjid al Haram and Masjid an Nabawi.
- There will be 10 rakats in Taraweeh during Ramadan 2020.
- Umrah will remain suspended during Ramadan 2020.
- Itikaaf has also been suspended.
- Dua Qunoot length will be shortened.
These decisions are one of the things that you will miss during Ramadan 2020. During the month of Ramadan, both mosques, Masjid al Haram and Masjid an Nabawi welcomes a number of visitors from all around the world.
Mostly people come to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from all around the world to perform Umrah in this month. But due to Coronavirus outbreak, it has become tough to conduct Umrah, Iftar service, Taraweeh or even usual prayers during this year’s Ramadan.
The government of Saudi Arabia is urging their citizens to stay inside as the sanitization process is underway throughout the Saudi Arabia.