(Updated: 4th Jan 21 – 10:13am)
Saudi Arabia has resumed the international Umrah for pilgrims after opening the air, sea, and land borders, Saudi Press Agency reported citing the Interior Ministry of Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia has banned International Umrah on December 20 due to the latest variant of Coronavirus in European countries, especially in the United Kingdom.
Although the Interior Ministry has set few guidelines for the pilgrims ariving to perform Umrah;
- Pilgrims ariving in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia must stay out of United Kingdom and South Africa before entering Saudi Arabia.
- Pilgrims entering in Kingdom should be tested negative for coronavirus. Report should not be more than 48 hours .
- After entering the Kingdom, the pilgrims will be quarantines for 7 days and then will be tested again for the coronavirus.
(Updated: 23 Sept 20 – 05:13pm)
Makkah: Makkah’s Crowd Control management FINALLY resumes Umrah. It will start in phases starting with domestic pilgrims first.
Saudi Arabian interior ministry has announced that they will be starting Umrah from 4th October 2020, in four phases.
Minister of Haj and Umrah, Mohammed Saleh Benten has said that the ban on Umrah will be lifted in a phased manner. He also addressed to the travel agents who are giving affordable umrah packages to maintain the quality and health safety protocols.
The ministry have allowed only 30 International and Local travel companies that can help you perform Umrah. A smartcard will be provided to these companies which will help in onboarding of pilgrims till their depart.
As per the latest news, the Umrah permit and Corona-free certificate will be mandatory for those who are coming to perform Umrah from 15th September.
At the initial stage of resuming Umrah, only Domestic pilgrims will be allowed to perform Umrah.
When will international pilgrims can perform Umrah?
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Interior of Saudi Arabia has said that they will welcome pilgrims from all around the world from 1st January 2021, after completely lifting all the travel restrictions.
Pilgrims will be tested throughout their Umrah for corona.
The staff at Masjid al Haram and Masjid an Nabawi will use mobile application to track pilgrim’s health status.
The plan will detail how the authorities will make it possible by partially opening Makkah after Madinah is now coronavirus free.
This news was published on Al Arabiya, where the authorities confirmed the following information that Saudi Government has finally resumes Umrah;
- Masjid al-Haram will be open partially (will be operational only 40%), this is to make sure everyone is complying with the social distancing all the time.
- Thermal cameras will be installed on the entry and exit of Masjid al-Haram which will take the temperature of everyone entering the mosque.
- Health ministry officials will refuse the entry of the people with high temperatures.
- There will be no entry without face masks.
- Ground, first and the second floor of Masjid al-Haram will be dedicated to the people performing Tawaf. While people with special needs and elderly people will be allowed to use the second floor of the mosque.
- The central area of Masjid al-Haram will be closed for the crowed.