A friend of ours, Mr. Ghulam Murtaza Sahib, a driver in Makkah, had just performed Umrah during Coronavirus 20 days ago. He has told us these things.
This environment will be completely untouched and new even for those who have done Umrah or Hajj before.
- If you want to enter the Kaaba or Masjid an Nabawi with the intention of Umrah, then you should have an Android or iPhone mobile and install the “Tawakkalna” application with an internet facility on it. The application must be installed upon entry.
- You must have a registration on these applications, and an entry message must be present.
- The timetable for entering the Kaaba in the form of a message that will be sent to your mobile, you can enter the Kaaba simultaneously, and you will have 3 hours after joining. After 3 hours, the administration will remove you from the Kaaba.
- You have to complete Tawaf, Sa’i, and Umrah within three hours.
- To offer prayers, you have to get permission through a separate message.
- You must have a certificate of coronavirus vaccine (prescribed by the Saudi government).
- You should be healthy and fit. Sick people will not be allowed to enter.
- It was a prerequisite for the first Umrah to be accompanied by a Mehram. Now a single woman can go for Umrah.
- People aged below 9 and 60 or older are not allowed to enter into Holy Mosques.
- You cannot enter the Masjid al-Haram before the time given to you to enter the Haram, i.e., if your time is 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., you will not be able to enter 8:30 p.m.
- Once you leave Mataf, you will not be allowed to enter again, whether you have to go to the washroom or some other compulsion.
- Those who go for Umrah are told to reduce their food and drink so that they do not have to go to the wash again and again.
- There are many hotels and shops around the Haram Sharif, but due to the coronavirus, they often remain closed, and you may have to travel far to eat, and the food you find may be stale and expensive. Therefore, before going to the Haram, make sure to have something to eat and drink.
- Coolers for drinking water used in various places in the Haram have now been lifted. Drink water after Tawaf. Some people from the administration are walking around who will give you water.
- After Tawaf, the nafl that we used to be performed at Maqam Ibrahim, will no longer be allowed to perform, so to perform the nafil, first go to Safa Marwa and pay the nafl by looking at a suitable place before the sa’i.
- The Black Stone and Hatim are closed, and no one is allowed to come near.
- The outer courtyard of the Haram is the place where you can now pray and sit longer, and the washroom is nearby.
- Due to the coronavirus, the shops will be closed, and the shops will be open from time to time. There is a chance that things will be cheaper.
- Don’t buy cooking things from there but buy them from your country, from there you will get it cheap, only dates and you can pick up as much as you can because these are the gifts there.
- Take some essentials with you from your home and country.
Share to guide visiting friends.
May Allah, the Lord of the worlds, grant us all a widespread presence with ease again and again. Ameen