Contraception is allowed; notwithstanding, it is better not than participate in contraception without honest to goodness reason or advantage, in light of the fact that the Qur’an and Sunna have empowered having youngsters, and there is the incredible advantage to the individual and society in bringing up exemplary kids.
Allama Jad al-Haqq (Allah have mercy on him), the religious late 20th Century Shaykh al-Azhar, wrote in a legal decision (fatwa) passé 1399 AH (1979 CE), that:
- Contraception is allowed if the couple concur, as there is nothing in the Qur’an or Sunna to disallow it; rather, the hadiths and routine with regards to the Companions of the Prophet (peace and endowments arrive) show admissibility, and this is affirmed by the expressions of the legal advisers over the schools of Islamic law.
- It isn’t allowed to take part in contraception without the understanding of the life partner – for both a couple.
- Contemporary types of contraception, regardless of whether utilized by the spouse or the wife, are much the same as the discharging outside the vagina (`azl) specified in the hadiths, as is unequivocally comprehended from the expressions of the legal scholars of the Hanafi and different schools. Or maybe, they are unrivaled, more characteristic, and less destructive.
- It isn’t allowed to utilize irreversible contraception, for example, disinfection.
- It isn’t allowed for there to be state-forced coercive populace arranging.
[Shortened from Jad al-Haqq’s fatwa, from Mawsu`at Fatawa Dar al-Ifta’ al-Masriyya]
Sayyiduna Jabir ibn Abd (Allah be satisfied with him), the eminent Companion of the Messenger of Allah (peace and endowments arrive), relates that “We used to take part in contraception (`azl) while the Qur’an was being uncovered. Had it been something that was prohibited, the Qur’an would have taboo it.” [Bukhari (5209); Muslim (4220)]
Kasani (Allah show leniency toward him) described in Bada’i` al-Sana’i` [Qur’an 2:334-335]:
“It is disdained to participate in contraception or safeguard discharge (`azl) with one’s significant other without her consent. This is on account of intercourse with discharge is the way to having a kid, and having a tyke is her right. By depending on contraception, without her consent, having a kid is forestalled, which is similar to being an explanation behind not satisfying her right; notwithstanding, if the contraception was with the spouse’s understanding (Rida), at that point it isn’t hated. In such a case, she will have eagerly done without her right.”
Also, many scholars have focused and narrated furthermore over this saying that the contraceptives are allowed.