Makkah: Makkah’s Crowd Control management is planning to partially resume Umrah. The planning for it by the authorities is underway.
The plan will detail how the authorities will make it possible by partially opening Makkah after Madinah is now coronavirus free.
This news was published on Al Arabiya, where the authorities confirmed the following information;
- Masjid al-Haram will be open partially (will be operational only 40%), this is to make sure everyone is complying with the social distancing all the time.
- Thermal cameras will be installed on the entry and exit of Masjid al-Haram which will take the temperature of everyone entering the mosque.
- Health ministry officials will refuse the entry of the people with high temperatures.
- There will be no entry without face masks.
- Ground, first and the second floor of Masjid al-Haram will be dedicated to the people performing Tawaf. While people with special needs and elderly people will be allowed to use the second floor of the mosque.
- The central area of Masjid al-Haram will be closed for the crowed.