MAKKAH: Registration for Itikaf 2023 will begin on 4th April (13th Ramadan), and run through Ramadan 19, according to a statement from the General Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques.
Table of Contents
I’tikaf is a spiritual retreat where Muslims focus on prayer, Quran recitation, and meditation. Usually, it is observed during the final ten days of Ramadan, when the Prophet Muhammad PBUH used to withdraw into the mosque.
How To Register For Itikaaf? Step-by-Step Guide
Rules and Regulations
The General Presidency has emphasized the significance of abiding by Itikaf’s rules and regulations, which forbid leaving the mosque during the retreat period other than for necessities like using the restroom or getting medical care.
These are Itikaf’s ten fundamental rules:
- Itikaf is a religious rite carried out in a mosque during the final 10 days of Ramadan.
- Before entering the mosque, participants must be in a state of purity (wudu or ghusl).
- Except for essential purposes like using the restroom or getting medical attention, participants are required to stay inside the mosque throughout the entirety of the Itikaf.
- Any worldly activities, such as conducting business, interacting with others, or using technology, are not permitted.
- Throughout their visit, participants are required to keep the mosque pristine and sacred.
- Itikaf participants are required to observe the five daily prayers and offer additional, optional prayers.
- Reciting the Quran is encouraged, as well as other forms of worship like dua and dhikr (remembering Allah) (supplication).
- Any conduct that might annoy others, such as shouting or arguing, should be avoided by participants.
- Participants are required to follow all guidelines established by the mosque’s leadership and any applicable governing bodies.
- After the Itikaf period, participants are required to leave the mosque immediately.
Additionally, participants are expected to keep the mosque spotless and to respect its sanctity.
You can register for Itikaf 2023 electronically by using the General Presidency’s app for mobile devices or its official website. SMS will be used to notify participants of their registration confirmation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Is Required
In accordance with Saudi Arabia’s preventative measures to stop the virus’s spread, the General Presidency has also declared that all I’tikaf participants will need to show documentation of their COVID-19 vaccination.
Muslims all over the world have responded to the announcement of Itikaf registration with excitement and anticipation because they view it as a chance to strengthen their spiritual ties during the fasting month of Ramadan.
The General Presidency has urged all participants to abide by Itikaf 2023’s rules and regulations and to respect the mosque’s sanctity while they are on retreat. The General Presidency is dedicated to upholding the spirit and traditions of this significant religious practice while ensuring the safety and well-being of all participants through the implementation of stringent COVID-19 regulations.
When will registration for Itikaaf begin in Masjid al-Haram and Masjid an-Nabawi?
Do I need the COVID-19 vaccine for Itikaaf?
Yes, you do.
When will Itikaaf days start in holy mosques?
From 13th Ramadan.