One of the best Islamic Question and Answers forums to help Muslims answer their questions related to Islam around the world in their own language.

Assalamu alaikum Qu...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Assalamu alaikum Question: I am a student. my school principal and school leading teachers is tell me to shave my beard.

1 Posts
2 Users
4 Likes
Topic starter
  • Assalamu alaikum Question: I am a student. my school principal and school leading teachers is tell me to shave my beard. And according to this hadiths we must grow our beard. What i have to do??
Topic Tags
1 Answer

Assalam o Alikum Ibrahim, I am Mufti Razzak and I am going to answer your question now.

Muslim men are required to grow a beard as part of their religious obligations. Most scholars, may Allah have mercy upon them, believe that shaving the beard is prohibited. Additionally, it is known that obeying a creature in disobeying the Creator is prohibited. As the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam (may Allah exalt his name) said:

"There is no obedience in disobeying Allaah, obedience is required only in what is permissible." [Muslim].
If the situation is as described in the question that you cannot grow your beard in that school, then you may trim it since many scholars have permitted trimming their beards. If the school still refuses to allow you to shave your beard, you may leave the school and enroll in another that will not require you to shave it. According to Allah (what it means): 
{And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine.} [Quran 65:2-3].

Allah further Says (what means): {And whoever fears Allaah- He will make for him of his matter ease.} [Quran 65:4].

Alternatively, you may be able to take advantage of some democratic principles in those countries, which allow you to grow your beard as part of your religious freedom; indeed, many of those countries have made freedom an idol in addition to Allah. Last but not least, if all of the above measures are ineffective and there is harm, then it is permissible to take steps to eliminate that harm. The best decision is made by Allah.
Share: