Imam Bukhari (RA) was the collector of Hadiths in the book called Sahih Al-Bukhari, it is one of the most authentic books among Muslims for Hadiths.
Early Life of Imam Bukhari
He was born on the 13th of Shawwal 194-AH in Uzbekistan. His father Ismail Ibn Ibrahim was a great Muhaddith (The person who collects Hadiths together), from his father he got the knowledge Hadiths. When he was just a child, his father passed away, later, his mother took a great care of him in bringing him up. Imam Bukhari (RA) had gone blind when he was very young. A lot of treatment had done but nothing happened to his eyes. His mother was a righteous woman, she used to cry in supplication for the eyesight of her son. One day, Allah accepted her prayers.
Ibrahim (AS) came in her dream and said, “Allah has accepted your prayers and the eyesight of your son has been restored.”, that morning when Imam Bukhari woke up, he could see each and everything very clearly.
By the age of 10, Allah has enlightened his heart with the interest of Hadiths, so, for the study of Hadiths, he took admission in the Hadith classes in the city of Bukhara. By the age of 16, he had become so expert and learned that his own teachers used to get corrections from him. And at the 16 years of age, he had learned and memorized all the Ahadith books by Imam Abu Hanifa (RA) and other scholars of Islam.
Imam Bukhari (RA)’s Visit to Masjid Al Nabwi
Upon his Hajj, accompanied by his Mother and Elder brother, they paid a visit to Masjid Al Nabwi, his brother and mother came back but he stayed there for further studies. During his trip he wrote “Qadaya as Sahaba”, after this he wants to Masjid Al-Nabwi, and it was when he started compiling the Hadiths, at that time he was just 18 years old. He used to sit in front of Muhammad Prophet (PBUH)’s tomb in the moonlight hours. Muhammad Ibn Yusuf Al Furyabi wrote that by the time he started collecting these, “Imam Bukhari did not have facial hair.”
Imam Bukhari and Sahih Al-Bukhari
Islamic scholars labeled Sahih Al-Bukhari as “Authentic Book After Quran”. Sahih Al-Bukhari is one of the 6 major Hadith books in Islam. Sahih Al-Bukhari is the most authentic Hadith book alongside Sahih Muslim. As per Wikipedia, Sahih Al-Bukhari is the collection of about 600,000 Narrations, and there are 7,275 hadiths in this book.
The memory of Imam Bukhari (RA) had an unbelievable memory that when he was just a child, he had memorized around 2,000 hadiths by heart. He also taught 9,000 people in the light of Sahih Al-Bukhari.
And today, billions of Muslims around the world, use this book as an authentic source to clear their doubts. SubhanAllah!
On his last night, at the time he reached the age of 62. People started having double views about him so he made this dua to Allah the Almighty;
After praying this, he went to bed and his soul departed on his bed peacefully, the day of death is was the Eid Al Fitr (Also known as 1st Shawwal) in Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
This is where he is buried;
Facts About Imam Al-Bukhari (RA)
- He is the collector of Hadiths for the book Sahih Al-Bukhari.
- He went blind when he was very young but after his Mother’s immense prayers, Allah gave him his eyesight back.
- By the age of 16, he had memorized all the books of hadiths by heart including Imam Abu Hanifa (RA) and other scholars’ hadith books.
- His teachers used to get the correction of Hadiths from him.
- By the age of 18, he started collecting the Hadiths for his books.
- At the age of 18, when he started collecting Hadiths, he did not have Facial hair at that time.
- He had memorized around 2,000 Ahadith when he was just a kid.
- His father, Ismail Ibn Ibrahim, was a great Muhaddith.
- Sahih Al-Bukhari is us the book which has the collection of 600,000 Narrations, and there are almost 7,275 hadiths in this book, as per Wikipedia.
- He died on the day of Eid Al Fitr (Also known as 1st Shawwal) in Samarkand, Uzbekistan. He was 62 years old.
Get Islamic News and Articles in your Inbox.