Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais is the current Imam of the Masjid Al Haram. He is one of the famous Quran reciters in the world.
These are the facts that you need to know about him;
1. The complete name of Al Sudais in Abdul Rahman Ibn Abdul Aziz as-Sudais.
2. Al Sudais belongs to the Anza clan and was born in the year 1960 in the Saudi Arabian capital Riyadh.
3. Al Sudais memorized Quran at the age of 12.
4. Al Sudais did his bachlors in 1979 and in 1983 from Riyadh University where he got his first degree from. In, 1987, he completed his masters and in 1995 he got his Doctorate in Islamic Shariah.
5. His first job was Assistant Professor at Riyadh University and then in Umm Ul Qura University.
6. He was just 24 years old when he was selected as the Imam of Kaaba. He was just 24 years old when he gave his first sermon in Masjid Al Haram in July 1984.
7. Al Sudais belives that becoming Imam of Kaaba is just because of his Mother. It is alos quoted that Imam Abdur Rahman Al-Sudais’s mother used to curse him in his childhood by saying, “May ALLAH make you the imam of Haramain.“
8. In 2012, he was given a rank of a Minister as he was appointed the head of Presidency for both Holy Mosques in Saudi Arabia.
9. Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais is famous for his heart touching Quran recitation.
10. He was given the award of “Islamic Personality of the Year” for keeping an eye on Muslims and helping them in every possible way.
Here are some of the facts that you also need to know about him.
- Al Sudais was the first Imam who declared that Explosions, Suicide Attacks, and Terrorism is not part of Religion and is totally Haram in Islam.
- He further speaks about the ill-treatment of Palestinians by Israeli soldiers. And sends the most Aid to Palestine.
- Not just Palestine, he also speaks about Iraq, Somalia, and Kashmir, where Muslims are being brutally killed.
- He urges Muslims to do the charity in his addresses.