Makkah: Makkah’s Crowd Control management FINALLY resumes Umrah. It will start from today, 15th of September 2020, with domestic pilgrims.
(Updated: 15 Sept 20 – 12:21pm)
As per the latest news, the Umrah permit and Corona-free certificate will be mandatory for those who are coming to perform Umrah from 15th September.
At the initial stage of resuming Umrah, only Domestic pilgrims will be allowed to perform Umrah.
When will international pilgrims can perform Umrah?
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Interior of Saudi Arabia has said that they will welcome pilgrims from all around the world from 1st January 2021, after completely lifting all the travel restrictions.
Pilgrims will be tested throughout their Umrah for corona.
The staff at Masjid al Haram and Masjid an Nabawi will use mobile application to track pilgrim’s health status.
The plan will detail how the authorities will make it possible by partially opening Makkah after Madinah is now coronavirus free.
This news was published on Al Arabiya, where the authorities confirmed the following information that Saudi Government has finally resumes Umrah;
- Masjid al-Haram will be open partially (will be operational only 40%), this is to make sure everyone is complying with the social distancing all the time.
- Thermal cameras will be installed on the entry and exit of Masjid al-Haram which will take the temperature of everyone entering the mosque.
- Health ministry officials will refuse the entry of the people with high temperatures.
- There will be no entry without face masks.
- Ground, first and the second floor of Masjid al-Haram will be dedicated to the people performing Tawaf. While people with special needs and elderly people will be allowed to use the second floor of the mosque.
- The central area of Masjid al-Haram will be closed for the crowed.