Rajab is one of the 12 months listed in the Islamic calendar, these months have different virtues and important dates, which is recognized by billions of Muslims all around the world. There are Four most sacred months in Islamic Calendar, including Rajab.
Rajab Important Dates:
- 1 Rajab: Birth of Muhammad al-Baqir
- 3 Rajab: Death anniversary of Ali al-Naqi and Owais al-Qarni
- 5 Rajab: Birth of Ali al-Naqi
- 6 Rajab: Death anniversary of Muinuddin Chishti
- 9 Rajab: Birth of Ali al-Asghar
- 12 Rajab: Birth of Muhammad al-Taqi
- 13 Rajab: Birth of Ali ibn Abi Talib
- 15 Rajab: Death anniversary of Zainab bint Ali
- 20 Rajab: Birth of Sakina bint Hussain
- 25 Rajab: Death anniversary of Musa al-Kadhim
- 26 Rajab: Death anniversary of Abu Talib ibn Abdul Muttalib
- 27 Rajab: The night of Journey (Isra and Miraj)
1. Ali Ibn-e-Abi Talib (RA) was born on 13th of Rajab
He (RA) is one of the bravest humans’ history has ever witnessed. He was the first kid who recognized Muhammad (PBUH) as the last prophet of Allah. Ali (RA) was Muhammad (PBUH)’s cousin and son-in-law. He was also selected as one of the four caliphs of Islam.
2. The Night of Isra and Miraj, the Muhammad (PBUH)’s visit to the heaven
This is one of the most important events in the Islamic history, on the 27th of Rajab the night of Isra and Shab e Miraj occurred, in this Muhammad (PBUH) visited the heavens in just a second. In Quran, it is written;
We often hear that fasting in Ramadan has the greater reward but in Rajab, which is a road towards the holy month of Ramadan, in this month, the fasting can give you a greater reward. There is a hadith of our Prophet SAWW regarding this month which says;
4. Importance of Rajab
- Seeking forgiveness, saying Istaghfar, our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) stated that;
- Doing Charity
There is an extra reward if you do sadaqah and charity in this holy month. And if you don’t have enough money to give Charity then you can recite this;
Saying the Kalima “La Ilaha IllAllah Muhammadur Rasulullah” as much as you can in this month. Reciting “Qul HO Wallah Ho Ahad” which is Surah Al Tawheed or Surah al Ikhlas can return in the peace and blessing on the reciter and his family.
These are the reasons these months are one of the most important Islamic months listed in the Islamic calendar. And doing good in all of these Islam months can help us earn Jannah
Get Islamic News and Articles in your Inbox.